The Al-Futtaim Group is a large conglomerate based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The group was founded in the 1930s and expanded rapidly in the 1940s and 1950s becoming an integrated commercial, industrial, and services organization.
The Al-Futtaim family split its business interests in 2000 with Abdulla Al Futtaim controlling the automotive and mainly retail business, and his cousin Majid controlling a property development business (now known as Majid Al Futtaim Group).
In September 2013, the group bid $86 million to take full control of the Nairobi-based car retailer CMC Holdings.
Who We Want
We are looking for Sales Associate Cum Cashier to support store objective by delivering excellent service in line with store needs and to ensure the effective maintenance of designated sections.
- Maintain responsibility for one or several sections of the store as instructed by your Manager keeping a basic image of the area (folding and displaying)
- Ensure that customers are acknowledged and receive a quality service either face to face or over telephone
- Maintain excellent standards in the stockroom by organizing and arranging the stockroom efficiently
- Be actively involved in the delivery process and ensure new stocks is available for replenishment on the shop floor before the store opens
- Continually develop stocks knowledge and promotions throughout the store
- Process sales, exchanges and refunds efficiently, accurately and quickly in all payment methods
- Cover key responsibilities of the Head Cashier and Deputy Cashier in their absence
- Follow and engage in the relevant training and development as set by your line manager
- Ensure that customers are acknowledged and receive a quality service either face to face or over the telephone
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies with support from the Head Cashier
- Ensure complete efficiency when following opening and closing cash desk procedures
- Maintain an organized and tidy cash desk at all times
- Support the management team following the sale preparation plan to achieve targets sets.
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained throughout all areas in the store
What Makes Us Different
Al-Futtaim Group employs over 44,000 people and operates eight divisions comprising automotive, electronics, insurance, services, real estate, retail, industries, and overseas. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum mediated a settlement between Abdulla Al Futtaim and his rival, cousin Majid Al Futtaim, in 2000 which split the assets, liabilities and operations of the then-larger Al Futtaim Group.
The CEO of the group was Robert Willett until he suddenly resigned in January 2011. After that, Omar Al-Futtaim became a board member, CEO and vice chairman.